Sequins can quickly become a fashion faux pas if you don’t know how to accessorize them right. Here are five outfit ideas with sequins and ways to wear jewelry with them.
1. Sequin top, blazer and bangles. Your bronze, silver or blue-sequined top can be paired with a grey boyfriend blazer to prevent the sequins from looking overwhelming. Be sure to roll up your sleeves so everyone can see your bangles. This is a perfect daytime and daring work look.
2. Sequin vest on a long shirt and a chunky necklace. Wear your sequin-detailed vest over your shirt to add glitz to your look. Thick-chained necklaces will complement this look very well with a pair of stud earrings. This combination allows your neckline to grab a little more attention with the interesting necklace drawing the eyes of onlookers more than the simple earrings.
3. Sequin belts, flowing top and delicate jewelry. A black skirt and light fabric grey top will look gorgeous accessorized with women’s belts featuring black sequins. At the office, a long jacket can conceal the sparkles, but when you hit the bar scene after work, take off the jacket and let the sequins be the star of the outfit. Pair with delicate fashion jewelry and simple black flats to complement the light weight fabric top and you have a winning outfit.
4. Three-quarter length sleeves, sequin flats & a bracelet. Your shoes can have sequins on them without looking pretentious. The silver or black sequins on your feet can be complemented with a three-quarter length sleeved top that will show off your sequined bracelet! Oversized jewelry is all the rage right now, and for a fun weekend with the girls, sporting these accessories together can make you stand out in a crowd.
5. Skinny jeans, silver chains and a sequined wool coat. Consider mixing sequins with conservative materials like wool in a long, stunning jacket paired with dark skinny jeans. Your fashion jewelry in this case should resemble something less chunky, as the sequin-to-jewelry ratio will be higher. Three thin chains around your neck and tear drop earrings are perfect. A thin belt around your waist will help you appear shapely beneath your sequined jacket. Perfect for a romantic date on a chilly evening, this outfit will do all the talking for you